Saturday 17 March 2012

Rolo Fudge

 I love rolos. And it goes without saying that I love fudge, which is why I thought I'd try this Rolo Turtle Fudge recipe from Shugary Sweets. It turned out to be a smooth, chocolaty fudge with the perfect texture and the occasional bite of chewy caramel from the rolos. I made a few changes to the recipe, like omitting the walnuts, and I ran out of milk chocolate so had to use a combination of milk and dark. Next time I'll be more prepared and use all milk, as although the fudge was rich and delicious, I can't help but wonder how much more so it would have been without the dark chocolate. Living in the UK, where marshmallow fluff isn't available, I bought it from Amazon

Rolo Fudge
(Adapted from Shugary Sweets)


40 rolos, halved
1x 212g jar marshmallow fluff
3 cups/525g milk chocolate
1x 400g tin condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups walnuts/pecans, chopped (optional)


Put the marshmallow fluff, condensed milk and chocolate in a saucepan and melt over a gentle heat until creamy and completely combined. Stir in the vanilla, and nuts if using. Fold in the rolos and pour into a 9x13in pan lined with foil. Refrigerate until set, before cutting into squares. 

No comments:

Post a Comment